Kissin Kris - Thoroughbred Stallion - RETIRED
One of Canada's leading money earning sires'
1990 • 16.1h
Multiple Grade 1 stakes winner of $1.6 Million
by Kris S. - Toes Forward
Retired At 24 years of age, Kissin Kris will now enjoy a life of leisure. Thank you to everyone who bred to Kris over the years and we hope to see his offsprings' continued success on the race track.
- Equibase E Rating 129
- Kissin Kris, winner of the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Palm Beach Handicap, Runner-up in Gr. 1 Travers Stakes, the Gr. 1 Belmont Stakes
- Kissin Kris is the sire of 14 Stakes winners and progeny earnings of over $18 Million
- Average Earnings Per Starter $51,856
- Sire: 2007 stakes winners Delightful Kiss (winner of the Ohio Derby (gr. III) and Iowa Derby) and Another Kris, as well as the stakes-placed Mean Kisser, Kiss A Native - Champion 3 year old colt in Canada, winner of 14 races and $1,109,022, Hasty Kris - Winner of Gr. 2 San Carlos Handicap
- Kissin Kris covered the mile and an eighth in a less-than-ordinary 1:492/5 winning by almost 10 1/2 lengths.
Racing News exerpt, "On a hot, sunny day in front of a crowd of 23,188, Kissin Kris, who was the runner-up in the Belmont his last time out, made his move much earlier than usual. He geared up in the backstretch, drew even with the front-running Storm Tower at the eighth pole and then pulled away by 2 1/4 lengths under a marvelous hand ride by Jose Santos."
"His statistics speak for themselves," said Esquirol. "He's constantly come up with the classic horse that can go the distance. In my part of Canada, the focus is on sprinting, and I think people are starving for a horse that can go long."